I know...I know!



I haven't been faithful in updating lately. Part of that is due to our pitiful excuse for internet.
You see, we live in such a rural area that high-speed internet (dsl, cable) is not available here. However, with George's work, dial-up is not an option. He has to be able to remotely connect to clients computers and servers which requires a fast connection. We have what is called line of site. (Okay...I think that's what it is called...I COULD be wrong.) Basically, there are a few towers throughout our area and we have an antennae (that looks weird) here at our house that allows us to receive a signal to connect. We seem to have the worst problems with this. First of all, it's not ever as fast as dsl or cable. Second of all, it is so not reliable. We are constantly saying...we will do such and such "if the internet is up." Unfortunately, we have no other option. I mean...if we wanted to invest another four to five hundred dollars in set up and spend $60/month plus for satellite...we could do that. But no. So you see our dilemma, right? Poor us! ha!
In other news...Travis is coming home this weekend. It will be great to see him. He's com ing home on Friday and doesn't have to be back until the 24th or so. From what mom said, he wants to buy a car while he's home and drive it back to Ft Bragg. I think she also said something about him wanting to go to Ohio for a bit while he's on leave. Grace is already constantly asking where Uncle Fraff is. She's excited to see him. :)
Speaking of brothers...Apparently George's brother, Jason, is in North Little Rock for training. He's full time in the Louisiana National guard. Hopefully, we will get to see him this weekend. Maybe he'll come out here and spend the day with us or something.
Let's see...I think Michael is leaving today for the Army. Don't really know...haven't heard from him much. I think he's going out with Dad today for lunch to say his goodbye's. Good luck and God bless, M. I hope you get what you want and need out of this experience.
The pictures included in this post are just some random ones taken over the past week or so. One is the view we enjoy from our backyard. That is Petit Jean in the background.
These two are from a year ago...last Easter, actually. Time goes by SO quickly! I can't believe how much they've grown and changed in a short year. It's amazing. I am just so crazy about these two. They are the greatest blessings to George and I. We have so much fun with them.

OH....I can't believe I forgot to share that we have a building for our church!!! I am so excited about it. No more setting up and tearing down. It's almost on the corner of Kiehl and JFK...It is where Mercy's Cross is meeting now. They are relocating. We start meeting there on the 30th and share it for about seven weeks. Then it is ours! Yeah!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home